Saturday, February 27, 2010

Texas

Cater and I were so excited because we were taking a trip to Texas to see Emmie and Grandad. I was packed and ready to go when I saw that the DFW area was getting snow. But it was just snow and I thought for sure it would be no big deal. Our flight was set to leave at 6 pm on Thursday evening and who would have known that it would be canceled at 9 am in the morning. I was so upset. I was looking forward to seeing my parents and for them to see Cater. I was also very excited to see my sweet niece Dylan who I have not seen since the day she was born. I cried hard for the first time in a long time. But I did book a flight out for the next morning. And of course that was canceled before we went to bed. So instead Cater went to Nana and Pops on Saturday late afternoon and stayed until Monday morning. That is the longest we have been away from her and I missed her so much. I think one night is good for now. However Jason and I went to see Valentines day and had a wonderful sushi dinner, went to bed early, slept late, cleaned the house, did all laundry, went to the grocery store, went to eat at Chuzys, went to bed early and slept late again. It was wonderful. Jason was able to get rested and ready for the big basketball tournaments that we are in the middle of. I am still very sad I was not able to go home but am so happy that all my friends enjoyed the snow and thankful for a wonderful weekend with Jason. My parents ended up being without power for several days so I am not so sure how much fun that would have been for Cater and I.

No comments: